- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Remedies Golf Outing May 22 at Aldeen, cost is $100 per golfer
Remedies Renewing Lives will host its Sixth Annual Golf Outing Wednesday, May 22, at Aldeen Golf Club, home of the 2013 Illinois State Men’s Amateur Golf Championship, to raise funds to support their domestic violence and substance abuse treatment programs.
The event will kick off at 11 a.m. with a free putting clinic conducted by Duncan Geddes, PGA professional and Aldeen general manager. Opening introductions and lunch will follow at noon.
Best ball format golf begins at 1 p.m. with a shotgun start. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the day. The cost is $100 per golfer, which includes 18 holes, cart and lunch. Lunch only (no golf) is available upon request for $25.
Remedies has one of the largest domestic violence programs in Illinois, and the only domestic violence shelter and program serving Winnebago and Boone counties. Remedies serves nearly 1,500 unduplicated victims, including nearly 300 children each year, all at no charge, by providing multiple services including emergency shelter, a 24-hour help or crisis line (815-962-6102), counseling, legal advocacy, children’s services and professional training. Remedies also provides assessment and treatment services to those suffering from drug or alcohol dependence through individual, family or group counseling, prevention education and training, recovery support, relapse prevention counseling and referrals to other resources.
Visit remediesrenewinglives.org, or to participate in the Remedies SixthAnnual Golf Outing, contact Janet Johnson at (815) 966-1285 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations for the event can also be made online.
Posted May 15, 2013