- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Remedies Golf Outing May 22 at Aldeen, cost is $100 per golfer
Remedies Renewing Lives will host its Sixth Annual Golf Outing Wednesday, May 22, at Aldeen Golf Club, home of the 2013 Illinois State Men’s Amateur Golf Championship, to raise funds to support their domestic violence and substance abuse treatment programs.
The event will kick off at 11 a.m. with a free putting clinic conducted by Duncan Geddes, PGA professional and Aldeen general manager. Opening introductions and lunch will follow at noon.
Best ball format golf begins at 1 p.m. with a shotgun start. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the day. The cost is $100 per golfer, which includes 18 holes, cart and lunch. Lunch only (no golf) is available upon request for $25.
Remedies has one of the largest domestic violence programs in Illinois, and the only domestic violence shelter and program serving Winnebago and Boone counties. Remedies serves nearly 1,500 unduplicated victims, including nearly 300 children each year, all at no charge, by providing multiple services including emergency shelter, a 24-hour help or crisis line (815-962-6102), counseling, legal advocacy, children’s services and professional training. Remedies also provides assessment and treatment services to those suffering from drug or alcohol dependence through individual, family or group counseling, prevention education and training, recovery support, relapse prevention counseling and referrals to other resources.
Visit remediesrenewinglives.org, or to participate in the Remedies SixthAnnual Golf Outing, contact Janet Johnson at (815) 966-1285 or e-mail her at email@example.com. Reservations for the event can also be made online.
Posted May 15, 2013