- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Register by May 29 for free youth golf clinics offered June 2
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District invites youth golfers ages 6-17 for free clinics Sunday, June 2.
In addition to instruction on chipping and putting, practice time on the driving range will also be included. Among the teaching staff at the clinic, special guest instructor Michael Hebron, PGA Master Professional and author from Smithtown, N.Y., is scheduled to appear.
The Michael Hebron Youth Clinics will be at Ingersoll Golf Course and Learning Links; the session for ages 6-11 is 9-11 a.m., and the session for ages 12-17 is 12:30-2:30 p.m.
These clinics are two of the many free activities offered through the Rockford Park District. To allow for adequate staffing, pre-registration is required by May 29, either online at http://www.rockfordgolfs.com/lessons.html (click My RPD), by fax, mail or in person at Park District Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park).
The clinics are open to residents of Winnebago and Boone counties only, and there is a maximum limit of 80 participants per clinic. Registration forms are also available at Park District courses or by calling (815) 987-8800.
Posted May 22, 2013