- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Register by May 29 for free youth golf clinics offered June 2
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District invites youth golfers ages 6-17 for free clinics Sunday, June 2.
In addition to instruction on chipping and putting, practice time on the driving range will also be included. Among the teaching staff at the clinic, special guest instructor Michael Hebron, PGA Master Professional and author from Smithtown, N.Y., is scheduled to appear.
The Michael Hebron Youth Clinics will be at Ingersoll Golf Course and Learning Links; the session for ages 6-11 is 9-11 a.m., and the session for ages 12-17 is 12:30-2:30 p.m.
These clinics are two of the many free activities offered through the Rockford Park District. To allow for adequate staffing, pre-registration is required by May 29, either online at http://www.rockfordgolfs.com/lessons.html (click My RPD), by fax, mail or in person at Park District Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park).
The clinics are open to residents of Winnebago and Boone counties only, and there is a maximum limit of 80 participants per clinic. Registration forms are also available at Park District courses or by calling (815) 987-8800.
Posted May 22, 2013