- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
Runners invited to participate in Durand Fireworks 5K
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — The track is flat, fast and certified. The race is timed, 5K in length, and open to men, women and children. It’s Durand’s Third Annual Fireworks 5K Run and Walk, Thursday, July 4, starting at 8 a.m. All runners are invited to participate.
Entry fee is $20 until May 31, $25 thereafter. Those signing up by May 31 are guaranteed a race T-shirt. Water and restrooms will be provided during and after the race. The event benefits the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Durand Fourth of July Festival. Awards will be given for top male and female runners with additional awards given to the top three males and females in each group. Age groups are 9 and younger, 10-14,15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and older.
Posted May 22, 2013