- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Runners invited to participate in Durand Fireworks 5K
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — The track is flat, fast and certified. The race is timed, 5K in length, and open to men, women and children. It’s Durand’s Third Annual Fireworks 5K Run and Walk, Thursday, July 4, starting at 8 a.m. All runners are invited to participate.
Entry fee is $20 until May 31, $25 thereafter. Those signing up by May 31 are guaranteed a race T-shirt. Water and restrooms will be provided during and after the race. The event benefits the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Durand Fourth of July Festival. Awards will be given for top male and female runners with additional awards given to the top three males and females in each group. Age groups are 9 and younger, 10-14,15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and older.
Posted May 22, 2013