- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Runners invited to participate in Durand Fireworks 5K
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — The track is flat, fast and certified. The race is timed, 5K in length, and open to men, women and children. It’s Durand’s Third Annual Fireworks 5K Run and Walk, Thursday, July 4, starting at 8 a.m. All runners are invited to participate.
Entry fee is $20 until May 31, $25 thereafter. Those signing up by May 31 are guaranteed a race T-shirt. Water and restrooms will be provided during and after the race. The event benefits the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Durand Fourth of July Festival. Awards will be given for top male and female runners with additional awards given to the top three males and females in each group. Age groups are 9 and younger, 10-14,15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and older.
Posted May 22, 2013