- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
- Windows users rejoice: Windows 10 fixes what ails you!
- An easy fix to the Cubs scoring woes
- Trump ripped on floor of state House
- Striving to preserve biodiversity
Runners invited to participate in Durand Fireworks 5K
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — The track is flat, fast and certified. The race is timed, 5K in length, and open to men, women and children. It’s Durand’s Third Annual Fireworks 5K Run and Walk, Thursday, July 4, starting at 8 a.m. All runners are invited to participate.
Entry fee is $20 until May 31, $25 thereafter. Those signing up by May 31 are guaranteed a race T-shirt. Water and restrooms will be provided during and after the race. The event benefits the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Durand Fourth of July Festival. Awards will be given for top male and female runners with additional awards given to the top three males and females in each group. Age groups are 9 and younger, 10-14,15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and older.
Posted May 22, 2013