- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Runners invited to participate in Durand Fireworks 5K
Online Staff Report
DURAND, Ill. — The track is flat, fast and certified. The race is timed, 5K in length, and open to men, women and children. It’s Durand’s Third Annual Fireworks 5K Run and Walk, Thursday, July 4, starting at 8 a.m. All runners are invited to participate.
Entry fee is $20 until May 31, $25 thereafter. Those signing up by May 31 are guaranteed a race T-shirt. Water and restrooms will be provided during and after the race. The event benefits the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Durand Fourth of July Festival. Awards will be given for top male and female runners with additional awards given to the top three males and females in each group. Age groups are 9 and younger, 10-14,15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and older.
Posted May 22, 2013