- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Tickets for July Gospelfest at Davis Park on sale May 24
Tickets for Rockford Area Venues and Entertainment Authority’s (RAVE) Gospelfest, featuring Sunday Best stars and headliner Le’Andria Johnson at Davis Park July 27, go on sale at 10 a.m., Friday, May 24.
Concert will be at 3 p.m., July 27. Tickets ($25, plus applicable fees, for the seated area, and $15, plus applicable fees, for the lawn area) will be available at the BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, Coronado Performing Arts Center Box Office, by calling (815) 968-5222, visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at any Ticketmaster outlet.
Sunday Best is a hit gospel singing competition series that airs on BET. Le’Andria Johnson will headline the event and be joined by other Sunday Best contestants Alexis Spight, Andrea Helms and Joshua Rogers.
Grammy Award-winning recording artist, two-time Stellar Gospel Music Award winner and Billboard magazine’s No. 1 Female Gospel Albums Artist of 2012 Le’Andria Johnson has taken the gospel music scene by storm since being crowned the season three winner of BET’s Sunday Best in 2010. The Music World Gospel recording artist’s groundbreaking and chart-topping debut CD, The Awakening of Le’Andria Johnson, entered at No. 1 on multiple music charts, including both the Billboard Top Gospel Albums and the Top Christian/Gospel Albums charts. The CD also debuted at No. 1 on the Christian Music Trade Association’s Current Gospel Overall chart. The Awakening of Le’Andria Johnson spent seven weeks at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Gospel Albums chart and remained in the Top 10 for more than 20 weeks. In 2011, Johnson received her first Grammy Award for Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music performance for her debut single, “Jesus.”
From the May 22-28, 2013, issue