- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Miles Nielsen & the Rusted Hearts kick off summer concert series at Anderson Gardens May 28
Online Staff Report
Miles Nielsen & the Rusted Hearts will kick off the Tuesday Evenings in the Gardens concert series at Anderson Japanese Gardens with a 6:30 p.m. concert Tuesday, May 28. Doors open at 5:15 p.m. at the gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
Guests are encouraged to arrive early to set up picnic blankets on the great lawn outside the Pavilion. Admission is free for Anderson Gardens members, $5 for non-member adults, $3 for non-member teens, and free for children 12 and younger.
Guests are welcome to bring a light picnic supper, although on-site vendors will have food and beverages available for purchase. Carry-in beverages are not allowed.
Following is the entire schedule for the 2013 summer concert series, with all concerts beginning at 6:30 p.m. and doors opening at 5:15 p.m.:
May 28: Miles Nielsen & the Rusted Hearts
June 4: Bun E. Carlos & the Monday Night Band
June 11: Mostly Water
June 18: Derek Luttrell
June 25: Joseph Messing and the Wise Men
July 2: jf gaziano & beatmerchants
July 9: Kelly Steward & the Restless Kind
July 16: Empty Pockets
July 23: Lucrezio
July 30: Antony and the Tramps
August 6: Ed Anderson
August 13: Starlight Radio
August 20: Jodi Beach
August 27: The Groove Hotel
Visit www.andersongardens.org or call (815) 997-1197.
Posted May 24, 2013