- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Miles Nielsen & the Rusted Hearts kick off summer concert series at Anderson Gardens May 28
Online Staff Report
Miles Nielsen & the Rusted Hearts will kick off the Tuesday Evenings in the Gardens concert series at Anderson Japanese Gardens with a 6:30 p.m. concert Tuesday, May 28. Doors open at 5:15 p.m. at the gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
Guests are encouraged to arrive early to set up picnic blankets on the great lawn outside the Pavilion. Admission is free for Anderson Gardens members, $5 for non-member adults, $3 for non-member teens, and free for children 12 and younger.
Guests are welcome to bring a light picnic supper, although on-site vendors will have food and beverages available for purchase. Carry-in beverages are not allowed.
Following is the entire schedule for the 2013 summer concert series, with all concerts beginning at 6:30 p.m. and doors opening at 5:15 p.m.:
May 28: Miles Nielsen & the Rusted Hearts
June 4: Bun E. Carlos & the Monday Night Band
June 11: Mostly Water
June 18: Derek Luttrell
June 25: Joseph Messing and the Wise Men
July 2: jf gaziano & beatmerchants
July 9: Kelly Steward & the Restless Kind
July 16: Empty Pockets
July 23: Lucrezio
July 30: Antony and the Tramps
August 6: Ed Anderson
August 13: Starlight Radio
August 20: Jodi Beach
August 27: The Groove Hotel
Visit www.andersongardens.org or call (815) 997-1197.
Posted May 24, 2013