- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Blackhawk Tech hires new VP of Learning
Dr. Diane Nyhammer, who has spent the last eight years as an academic administrator at two-year colleges, has been appointed Blackhawk Technical College’s (BTC) new vice president of Learning.
Dr. Nyhammer, most recently the provost and chief academic officer at Rock Valley College in Rockford, will replace Dr. Sharon Kennedy, who is retiring. Dr. Nyhammer will assume her new duties June 24.
Dr. Nyhammer will oversee BTC’s instructional deans and staff with responsibilities for credit and continuing education programs, business and industry training, online and alternative education delivery, and program and curriculum development.
Dr. Nyhammer, who resides in Fort Atkinson, Wis., and Harvard, Ill., with her husband, Grant, served for two years as executive dean of humanities at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake before moving in 2008 to Rock Valley College, where she oversaw academic affairs and student development, institutional research, outreach and planning, and other areas. She also served as the dean of Arts and Sciences at Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs, Colo.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue