- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Blackhawk Tech hires new VP of Learning
Dr. Diane Nyhammer, who has spent the last eight years as an academic administrator at two-year colleges, has been appointed Blackhawk Technical College’s (BTC) new vice president of Learning.
Dr. Nyhammer, most recently the provost and chief academic officer at Rock Valley College in Rockford, will replace Dr. Sharon Kennedy, who is retiring. Dr. Nyhammer will assume her new duties June 24.
Dr. Nyhammer will oversee BTC’s instructional deans and staff with responsibilities for credit and continuing education programs, business and industry training, online and alternative education delivery, and program and curriculum development.
Dr. Nyhammer, who resides in Fort Atkinson, Wis., and Harvard, Ill., with her husband, Grant, served for two years as executive dean of humanities at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake before moving in 2008 to Rock Valley College, where she oversaw academic affairs and student development, institutional research, outreach and planning, and other areas. She also served as the dean of Arts and Sciences at Colorado Mountain College in Glenwood Springs, Colo.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue