- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Bun E. Carlos & the Monday Night Band at Anderson Gardens June 4
• Summer concert series runs every Tuesday through Aug. 27
Bun E. Carlos (of Cheap Trick fame) & the Monday Night Band will perform the second in a series of Tuesday night summer concerts at Rockford’s Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, June 4.
Concert starts at 6:30 p.m., with doors opening at 5:15 p.m. Guests are encouraged to arrive early to set up picnic blankets on the great lawn outside the Pavilion.
Admission is free for Anderson Gardens members, $5 for non-member adults, $3 for non-member teens, and free for children 12 and younger.
Guests are welcome to bring a light picnic supper, although on-site vendors will have food and beverages available for purchase. Carry-in beverages are not allowed.
Following is the remaining schedule for the 2013 summer concert series, with all concerts beginning at 6:30 p.m. and doors opening at 5:15 p.m.:
June 4: Bun E. Carlos & the Monday Night Band
June 11: Mostly Water
June 18: Derek Luttrell
June 25: Joseph Messing and the Wise Men
July 2: jf gaziano & beatmerchants
July 9: Kelly Steward & the Restless Kind
July 16: Empty Pockets
July 23: Lucrezio
July 30: Antony and the Tramps
August 6: Ed Anderson
August 13: Starlight Radio
August 20: Jodi Beach
August 27: The Groove Hotel
Visit www.andersongardens.org or call (815) 997-1197.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue