- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Celebrate National Trails Day June 1
Happy National Trails Day! Hike. Bike. Paddle. Ride. Whichever way you choose, you can celebrate trails on National Trails Day, Saturday, June 1.
National Trails Day is devoted to appreciating America’s trails and the hard-working individuals who build and maintain them. In honor of this day, thousands of public events will be hosted nationwide, and tens of thousands of trail enthusiasts will be outside as they hike, pedal, ride and paddle through some of America’s most beautiful areas.
National Trails Day activities will be available in all 50 states and also the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The National Park Service cooperatively partners with the American Hiking Society to support National Trails Day.
A complete list of events is at www.americanhiking.org/ntd-events/.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue