- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Celebrate National Trails Day June 1
Happy National Trails Day! Hike. Bike. Paddle. Ride. Whichever way you choose, you can celebrate trails on National Trails Day, Saturday, June 1.
National Trails Day is devoted to appreciating America’s trails and the hard-working individuals who build and maintain them. In honor of this day, thousands of public events will be hosted nationwide, and tens of thousands of trail enthusiasts will be outside as they hike, pedal, ride and paddle through some of America’s most beautiful areas.
National Trails Day activities will be available in all 50 states and also the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The National Park Service cooperatively partners with the American Hiking Society to support National Trails Day.
A complete list of events is at www.americanhiking.org/ntd-events/.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue