- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Celebrate National Trails Day June 1
Happy National Trails Day! Hike. Bike. Paddle. Ride. Whichever way you choose, you can celebrate trails on National Trails Day, Saturday, June 1.
National Trails Day is devoted to appreciating America’s trails and the hard-working individuals who build and maintain them. In honor of this day, thousands of public events will be hosted nationwide, and tens of thousands of trail enthusiasts will be outside as they hike, pedal, ride and paddle through some of America’s most beautiful areas.
National Trails Day activities will be available in all 50 states and also the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The National Park Service cooperatively partners with the American Hiking Society to support National Trails Day.
A complete list of events is at www.americanhiking.org/ntd-events/.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue