- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Celebrate National Trails Day June 1
Happy National Trails Day! Hike. Bike. Paddle. Ride. Whichever way you choose, you can celebrate trails on National Trails Day, Saturday, June 1.
National Trails Day is devoted to appreciating America’s trails and the hard-working individuals who build and maintain them. In honor of this day, thousands of public events will be hosted nationwide, and tens of thousands of trail enthusiasts will be outside as they hike, pedal, ride and paddle through some of America’s most beautiful areas.
National Trails Day activities will be available in all 50 states and also the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The National Park Service cooperatively partners with the American Hiking Society to support National Trails Day.
A complete list of events is at www.americanhiking.org/ntd-events/.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue