- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Free tennis summer kick-off event June 1
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District invites current and future tennis enthusiasts for free outdoor tennis fun at the Tennis Summer Kick-Off at Guilford Tennis Center, 5702 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, June 1 (rain site is Forest City Tennis Center).
Activities at the event will include free skill-level evaluations for lesson placement, free introductory lessons for all ages at the event, and a free tennis racquet (while supplies last) to youth age 15 and younger present at the event who sign up for a summer tennis program.
Registrations for Park District tennis programs and tournaments will be taken on site; registration is also available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by fax (with credit card), by mail, and at Park District Customer Service locations — downtown at 401 S. Main St., Rockford, and Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
This event is one of many free activities offered by the Rockford Park District. For more about the event or Park District tennis programs and tournaments, call (815) 962-7469, (815) 987-8800,or visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/tennis.
Posted May 29, 2013