- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Free tennis summer kick-off event June 1
Online Staff Report
Rockford Park District invites current and future tennis enthusiasts for free outdoor tennis fun at the Tennis Summer Kick-Off at Guilford Tennis Center, 5702 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, June 1 (rain site is Forest City Tennis Center).
Activities at the event will include free skill-level evaluations for lesson placement, free introductory lessons for all ages at the event, and a free tennis racquet (while supplies last) to youth age 15 and younger present at the event who sign up for a summer tennis program.
Registrations for Park District tennis programs and tournaments will be taken on site; registration is also available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by fax (with credit card), by mail, and at Park District Customer Service locations — downtown at 401 S. Main St., Rockford, and Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park.
This event is one of many free activities offered by the Rockford Park District. For more about the event or Park District tennis programs and tournaments, call (815) 962-7469, (815) 987-8800,or visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/tennis.
Posted May 29, 2013