- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Lifescape thanks volunteers who helped at Senior Follies
Lifescape Community Services just recently presented its annual Senior Follies at Rockford First Church. It was a great show, and we believe all who saw it were thoroughly entertained by the very talented senior cast.
Created and directed by Angie Fellows, The Senior Follies is a great example that growing older does not necessarily mean getting slower!
I would like to thank all of the volunteers on the stage and behind the scenes for making this year’s Senior Follies such a success. The Senior Follies serves not only as a source of entertainment, but also as a fund-raiser, with the proceeds helping Lifescape provide needed services for our senior population.
The month of May is Older Americans Month, and its theme is “Unleash the Power of Age.” In fact, older Americans are more active in community life than ever before. They’re out and about giving back and making a difference in their community. They certainly make a difference in their community. They certainly make a difference in each year’s production of The Senior Follies. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2014!
Thanks to all who participated and to everyone who came and enjoyed the show.
Lifescape Community Services, Inc.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue