- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
Lockwood Park offers Saturday afternoon family fun
Take the family out to the country to enjoy Saturday afternoons at Rockford Park District’s Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, in northwest Rockford. There’s a covered pony ring for children ages 1-7, the Children’s Farm Animal Barn with friendly farm animals, and horseback trail rides for riders age 8 and older.
To complete their visit, families can relax together on a scenic hay ride through the meadows and woods. Tickets for the pony ring and hay rides are $2 per person; trail rides are $22 per person ($24 non-resident), and Children’s Farm Animal Barn visits are free. Advance reservations recommended for trail rides.
Activity hours (weather-permitting) on Saturdays through September are: hayrides, noon-4 p.m. (hours may vary); pony ring and Children’s Farm Animal Barn, noon-5 p.m.; and trail rides, noon-4 p.m.
October activity hours on Saturdays and Sundays for Locktoberfest Weekends are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitors are welcome to picnic at the park; a playground is also on site. Activities may close early if business is slow; to confirm hours, call (815) 987-8809. The park, its facilities, and programs are wheelchair accessible.
For more information, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood. For information about adapted equipment and accessibility for park visitors with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue