- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Register teams for adult sand volleyball
Gather a group of friends, co-workers, family members or others age 18 and older to form a sand volleyball team at Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park this summer to enjoy friendly competition and gain the benefits of exercise.
Registration is under way for Sunday or Wednesday Co-Ed 6’s, Monday 4-person, and Tuesday 2-person teams. Summer evening leagues begin the week of June 2, and run for nine weeks.
Registration for leagues ends one week before each league start date, if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD, by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park Customer Service (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park).
Team entry fees vary depending on number of players; for fees, descriptions, and schedules, check the Spring/Summer 2013 Rockford Park District Program Guide available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides, at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800, where information about support for players with disabilities is also available.
Posted May 29, 2013