- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Register teams for adult sand volleyball
Gather a group of friends, co-workers, family members or others age 18 and older to form a sand volleyball team at Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park this summer to enjoy friendly competition and gain the benefits of exercise.
Registration is under way for Sunday or Wednesday Co-Ed 6’s, Monday 4-person, and Tuesday 2-person teams. Summer evening leagues begin the week of June 2, and run for nine weeks.
Registration for leagues ends one week before each league start date, if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD, by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park Customer Service (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park).
Team entry fees vary depending on number of players; for fees, descriptions, and schedules, check the Spring/Summer 2013 Rockford Park District Program Guide available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides, at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800, where information about support for players with disabilities is also available.
Posted May 29, 2013