- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Register teams for adult sand volleyball
Gather a group of friends, co-workers, family members or others age 18 and older to form a sand volleyball team at Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park this summer to enjoy friendly competition and gain the benefits of exercise.
Registration is under way for Sunday or Wednesday Co-Ed 6’s, Monday 4-person, and Tuesday 2-person teams. Summer evening leagues begin the week of June 2, and run for nine weeks.
Registration for leagues ends one week before each league start date, if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD, by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park Customer Service (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park).
Team entry fees vary depending on number of players; for fees, descriptions, and schedules, check the Spring/Summer 2013 Rockford Park District Program Guide available online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides, at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800, where information about support for players with disabilities is also available.
Posted May 29, 2013