- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Rock County Cancer Coalition Walk for Hope May 31
Online Staff Report
JANESVILLE, Wis. — The Rock County Cancer Coalition (RCCC) will hold its second annual Walk for Hope from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, May 31, at Traxler Park in Janesville, Wis.
Walk for Hope is a celebration of hope for all whose lives have been touched by cancer and in memory of those who have lost their battle to cancer.
The mission of the RCCC is to assist cancer patients within the Rock County area. Since June 2011, RCCC assisted 129 clients with more than $86,000 for such benefits as helping with gas cards for travel to cancer treatments and doctor visits, paying for prescriptions and other types of financial help deemed necessary while fighting cancer.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Walk for Hope. Food will be available for purchase from local restaurants. There will be kids’ activities and a balloon release in honor of cancer survivors and in memory of those who have passed. Information booths will be set up from Mercy Hospital, Look Good Feel Better, Beloit Regional Hospice, and local cancer support groups.
Stop by and walk a lap for those fighting cancer and those who have lost their fight with cancer.
Posted May 29, 2013