- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rock County Cancer Coalition Walk for Hope May 31
Online Staff Report
JANESVILLE, Wis. — The Rock County Cancer Coalition (RCCC) will hold its second annual Walk for Hope from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, May 31, at Traxler Park in Janesville, Wis.
Walk for Hope is a celebration of hope for all whose lives have been touched by cancer and in memory of those who have lost their battle to cancer.
The mission of the RCCC is to assist cancer patients within the Rock County area. Since June 2011, RCCC assisted 129 clients with more than $86,000 for such benefits as helping with gas cards for travel to cancer treatments and doctor visits, paying for prescriptions and other types of financial help deemed necessary while fighting cancer.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Walk for Hope. Food will be available for purchase from local restaurants. There will be kids’ activities and a balloon release in honor of cancer survivors and in memory of those who have passed. Information booths will be set up from Mercy Hospital, Look Good Feel Better, Beloit Regional Hospice, and local cancer support groups.
Stop by and walk a lap for those fighting cancer and those who have lost their fight with cancer.
Posted May 29, 2013