- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Rock County Cancer Coalition Walk for Hope May 31
Online Staff Report
JANESVILLE, Wis. — The Rock County Cancer Coalition (RCCC) will hold its second annual Walk for Hope from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, May 31, at Traxler Park in Janesville, Wis.
Walk for Hope is a celebration of hope for all whose lives have been touched by cancer and in memory of those who have lost their battle to cancer.
The mission of the RCCC is to assist cancer patients within the Rock County area. Since June 2011, RCCC assisted 129 clients with more than $86,000 for such benefits as helping with gas cards for travel to cancer treatments and doctor visits, paying for prescriptions and other types of financial help deemed necessary while fighting cancer.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Walk for Hope. Food will be available for purchase from local restaurants. There will be kids’ activities and a balloon release in honor of cancer survivors and in memory of those who have passed. Information booths will be set up from Mercy Hospital, Look Good Feel Better, Beloit Regional Hospice, and local cancer support groups.
Stop by and walk a lap for those fighting cancer and those who have lost their fight with cancer.
Posted May 29, 2013