- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Senior Spelling Bee a success!
Rock River Center would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to everyone who participated in the Senior Spelling Bee. A big “thank you” to the six contestants, Diane Gorski, Anna Hatzipanagiotis, Kay King, David Nelson, Karen Novak and Linda Sanders. Congratulations to each and every one of you! Thank you to Sherry Pirros for an outstanding performance as “Pronouncer” and to each of the “Judges,” Renee Barnhart, Jean Hoff, Jennifer Kaffenberger and Arlene Sangmeister for making sure the rules were followed. We would also like to thank O.K. and Melody Welty of Rock River Outfitters of Oregon for sponsoring this contest. Your generous donation provided office supplies needed to produce this program and refreshments on Saturday. And last, but not least, to those who came to watch; it was great to have so many of you join the festivities!
This event was a community project with participants coming from Byron, Chana, Davis Junction, Grand Detour, Mt. Morris and Oregon. Again, thank you to everyone; we couldn’t have done it without you!
Rock River Center
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue