- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Seward Park District accepting applications for commissioner
SEWARD, Ill. — The Seward Park District is accepting résumés for an immediate open commissioner position. All interested parties must be at least 21 years old; previous board experience preferred but not necessary; must fulfill the responsibilities of the office they seek; and must be a creative thinker who wants to help the community grow.
The Seward Park District was formed in November 2012 and is housed in the former Seward School, which was built in 1957 and has been a community icon for decades. The Seward Park District’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for residents by offering a balance of quality programs in the areas of education, preservation and recreation.
Submit résumés to email@example.com or Seward Park District, P.O. Box 111, Seward, IL 61077. Deadline to submit is June 15. To learn more about the Seward Park District open commissioner position, contact Katryna Kirby, Seward Park District Board president, at (815) 914-4004.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue