- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Seward Park District accepting applications for commissioner
SEWARD, Ill. — The Seward Park District is accepting résumés for an immediate open commissioner position. All interested parties must be at least 21 years old; previous board experience preferred but not necessary; must fulfill the responsibilities of the office they seek; and must be a creative thinker who wants to help the community grow.
The Seward Park District was formed in November 2012 and is housed in the former Seward School, which was built in 1957 and has been a community icon for decades. The Seward Park District’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for residents by offering a balance of quality programs in the areas of education, preservation and recreation.
Submit résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org or Seward Park District, P.O. Box 111, Seward, IL 61077. Deadline to submit is June 15. To learn more about the Seward Park District open commissioner position, contact Katryna Kirby, Seward Park District Board president, at (815) 914-4004.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue