- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Seward Park District accepting applications for commissioner
SEWARD, Ill. — The Seward Park District is accepting résumés for an immediate open commissioner position. All interested parties must be at least 21 years old; previous board experience preferred but not necessary; must fulfill the responsibilities of the office they seek; and must be a creative thinker who wants to help the community grow.
The Seward Park District was formed in November 2012 and is housed in the former Seward School, which was built in 1957 and has been a community icon for decades. The Seward Park District’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for residents by offering a balance of quality programs in the areas of education, preservation and recreation.
Submit résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org or Seward Park District, P.O. Box 111, Seward, IL 61077. Deadline to submit is June 15. To learn more about the Seward Park District open commissioner position, contact Katryna Kirby, Seward Park District Board president, at (815) 914-4004.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue