- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
‘Uncorked in the Garden’ at Anderson Gardens June 1
Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, will host “Uncorked in the Garden,” a casual evening featuring wines from around the world beginning at 5:30 p.m., Saturday, June 1.
The evening will feature 32 wines poured by friends from WilliamsMcCarthy, Reno & Zahm, Savant Capital Management, Riverside Community Bank, Cumulus, Napleton Auto Group, Spring Creek Development Group and Rick Wells Ltd.
Guests are encouraged to sample wines and enjoy hors d’oeuvres while socializing in the beautiful surroundings of Anderson Japanese Gardens. All wines are available for purchase. Proceeds from the wine sale help support the ongoing operations of Anderson Japanese Gardens.
Tickets are $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Reservations can be made by calling Katie at (815) 316-3306 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue