- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
‘Uncorked in the Garden’ at Anderson Gardens June 1
Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, will host “Uncorked in the Garden,” a casual evening featuring wines from around the world beginning at 5:30 p.m., Saturday, June 1.
The evening will feature 32 wines poured by friends from WilliamsMcCarthy, Reno & Zahm, Savant Capital Management, Riverside Community Bank, Cumulus, Napleton Auto Group, Spring Creek Development Group and Rick Wells Ltd.
Guests are encouraged to sample wines and enjoy hors d’oeuvres while socializing in the beautiful surroundings of Anderson Japanese Gardens. All wines are available for purchase. Proceeds from the wine sale help support the ongoing operations of Anderson Japanese Gardens.
Tickets are $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Reservations can be made by calling Katie at (815) 316-3306 or e-mailing email@example.com.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue