- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
‘Uncorked in the Garden’ at Anderson Gardens June 1
Anderson Japanese Gardens, 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford, will host “Uncorked in the Garden,” a casual evening featuring wines from around the world beginning at 5:30 p.m., Saturday, June 1.
The evening will feature 32 wines poured by friends from WilliamsMcCarthy, Reno & Zahm, Savant Capital Management, Riverside Community Bank, Cumulus, Napleton Auto Group, Spring Creek Development Group and Rick Wells Ltd.
Guests are encouraged to sample wines and enjoy hors d’oeuvres while socializing in the beautiful surroundings of Anderson Japanese Gardens. All wines are available for purchase. Proceeds from the wine sale help support the ongoing operations of Anderson Japanese Gardens.
Tickets are $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Reservations can be made by calling Katie at (815) 316-3306 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the May 29-June 4, 2013, issue