- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
14th Art on the Lawn June 9 at Rockford College
Art on the Lawn is a juried show featuring fine arts and crafts in various media. This year’s show will be held on the lawn at Rockford College, 5050 E. State St., from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, June 9. Admission is $3, children 12 and under are free. Parking is free, food and drinks for purchase will be available.
Now in its 14th year, the show attracts artists from the Midwest and beyond, exhibiting 2-D and 3-D works in ceramics, digital art, drawing, fiber/wearables, furniture, glass, jewelry, mixed media, photography, printmaking, painting in oils, watercolor, acrylics, raku and sculpture in metal and wood. Local artist and arts promoter Barbara Berney has directed Art on the Lawn since its inception in 2000.
For more information, call (815) 226-4032.
Posted June 5, 2013