- First case of Ebola confirmed in the United States
- Tech-Friendly: Bending iPhones and iOS 8.0.2 update
- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
Bow Tie March & 5K Run to auction Rick Nielsen bow ties
• Fund-raiser for Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center June 8
Bow Tie March honorary chairman, Rockford’s own bow tie-wearing celebrity Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick, has donated two of his fabulous bowties to benefit Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center. Rick’s bowties can be won by the highest bidder through a silent auction at the Bow Tie Event.
The Bow Tie March & 5K Run for Men’s Cancer Awareness to benefit Healing Pathways Cancer Resource Center and presented by Rockford Health System will be June 8. The Bow Tie event, to be held at Home Depot, 6930 Augus Drive, Rockford, this year’s host site sponsor, will include a 1.5-mile march down the Perryville Path, a 5K Run, a wellness fair, food and entertainment.
The 5K Run will begin at 7:30 a.m., event ceremony will take place at 9 a.m. with the symbolic march supporting men’s cancer awareness immediately following the ceremony.
Rick’s son Miles Nielsen will join in the support of men’s cancer awareness by providing the entertainment at the event, along with Derek Lutrell.
Through this unique and important event, Healing Pathways hopes to raise vital dollars to support programs that serve local residents facing a diagnosis of cancer. All programs at Healing Pathways are offered at no charge and include support groups, counseling, nutrition classes, reflexology, massage therapy, stress management and more.
Participants can register as individuals or register a team. Teams can be composed of runners, marchers or a combination of both. This year’s top fund-raiser will receive a Weber Grill, second place receives a Milwaukee Drill and top fund-raising teams will also have the opportunity to win prizes. To register or for more information about the Bow Tie March event or Healing Pathways, go to www.healingpathwayscrc.org or call (815) 395-5649.
Posted June 5, 2013