- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
First Tee offers summer golf lessons at Alpine Hills
The First Tee of Greater Rockford is taking registrations for summer golf and life skill lessons at Alpine Hills. A variety of programs are available for children ages 4-18. There will be two TARGET sessions for children ages 4-6. The first session is on Mondays, June 10, 17 and 24, and the second session is on Mondays, July 22, 29, and Aug. 5. Both programs are from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., and children can enroll in either or both, cost is $30 per session.
The Golf and Life Skills Experience classes are for ages 7-18. The first session is on Mondays, June 10-July 8, from noon to 2 p.m. The second session in on Mondays and Wednesdays, July 22-Aug. 5, from 5 to 7 p.m. Children can enroll in either class, but completing both sessions allows them to move through the various levels more quickly. The cost for each Life Skills Experience session is $100.
The First Tee of Greater Rockford’s mission is to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
The First Tee Executive Director Patty Henk said: “The First Tee is working with the Rockford Park District and the Rockford Public Schools. We are already seeing great strides in educating children in the region. The First Tee is part of the education solution in the community with RPS 205 taking part in The First Tee’s National School Program.”
Call (815) 965-5057 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registrations are taken at the office by appointment, or a form can be e-mailed to parents. Alpine Hills is at 4402 Larson Ave., Rockford.
Posted June 5, 2013