- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Free wellness night at Aldeen Golf Club June 11
The Aldeen Men’s Golf Association will hold its annual free “Take Aim at Your Health” wellness night from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 11, at Rockford Park District’s Aldeen Golf Club and Practice Centre, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford.
The event, held at the Practice Centre facility, is an evening of fun, health and wellness information designed to improve play both on and off the course.
In addition to wellness screenings, testings and assessments, chair massages and numerous golf-related activities and events are scheduled, including a Practice Centre special, golf tips from the pros, golf club fitting, video swing analysis, equipment evaluation and launch monitor.
Refreshments will be available, and there will be a prize drawing for a four-course Rockford Park District season golf permit for those who visit all wellness stations at the event.
For more about accessibility for golfers and others with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800. For more about the wellness night event, call Aldeen Golf Club at (815) 987-1673. To learn more about Aldeen Golf Club and Practice Centre, visit www.aldeengolfclub.com.
Posted June 5, 2013