- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Free wellness night at Aldeen Golf Club June 11
The Aldeen Men’s Golf Association will hold its annual free “Take Aim at Your Health” wellness night from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 11, at Rockford Park District’s Aldeen Golf Club and Practice Centre, 1902 Reid Farm Road, Rockford.
The event, held at the Practice Centre facility, is an evening of fun, health and wellness information designed to improve play both on and off the course.
In addition to wellness screenings, testings and assessments, chair massages and numerous golf-related activities and events are scheduled, including a Practice Centre special, golf tips from the pros, golf club fitting, video swing analysis, equipment evaluation and launch monitor.
Refreshments will be available, and there will be a prize drawing for a four-course Rockford Park District season golf permit for those who visit all wellness stations at the event.
For more about accessibility for golfers and others with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800. For more about the wellness night event, call Aldeen Golf Club at (815) 987-1673. To learn more about Aldeen Golf Club and Practice Centre, visit www.aldeengolfclub.com.
Posted June 5, 2013