- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
June 7 deadline to sign up for first of youth golf tournaments
June 7 at 5 p.m. is the deadline to enter the first in a series of seven youth golf tournaments to be held throughout the area this summer.
The Rockford Area Youth Golf Tournament Series is open to boys and girls ages 8-18 who are residents of Winnebago or Boone counties, or who hold golf permits from the Rockford Park District or Winnebago County Forest Preserve District; competition in age groups will be determined by participant’s age as of June 17, 2013.
Golf course locations and dates for the 2013 series include Sandy Hollow, June 17; Atwood, June 20; Ingersoll, June 24; Ledges, June 27; Elliot, July 1; Macktown, July 8; and Aldeen, Aug. 5.
Registration deadlines and fees vary; register online at www.rockfordgolfs.com (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park District Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, in Loves Park.
Tournament series details and registration forms are listed online in the Rockford Park District’s Summer 2013 Golf Tournaments brochure, which is also available at Park District Customer Service, facilities, and golf courses, or by calling Customer Service at (815) 987-8800, where information about accessibility, adapted equipment and programs for golfers with disabilities is also available.
Posted June 5, 2013