- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Mini Masterpieces featured at Freeport Art Museum
FREEPORT, Ill. — Back by popular demand, Mini Masterpieces are coming to the Freeport Art Museum. More than 65 local and regional artists have signed up to donate works, measuring 6 inches by 6 inches, for this unique fund-raising exhibition.
Held biannually, Mini Masterpieces challenges artists to create miniature works in a variety of media from painting and photography to sculpture — as long on the final work measures 6 inches square.
The opening reception is a ticketed event featuring gourmet appetizers, top-selling wines and an exhibition catalog. Each miniature work of art is for sale by silent auction during the evening, beginning at $25. This exhibition is designed to encourage the purchase and appreciation of art at an affordable price, and all proceeds will benefit the Freeport Art Museum.
Works will be displayed anonymously on the main gallery walls during the opening reception and auction. Artist names will be revealed to the buyers at the end of the evening. All pieces remain on display until the exhibition closes July 27.
This one-of-kind event is open to the public. Tickets are $10 and are available in advance or at the door. Call the Freeport Art Museum at (815)235-9755 for more information or to purchase tickets.
Freeport Art Museum is at 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill., and is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, and noon-5 p.m., Saturday. Tours may be scheduled by calling (815) 235-9755. Admission to the museum is free, although donations are accepted.
Posted June 5, 2013