- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
OSF distributes EMS Week Service Awards
OSF Trauma and Emergency Services hosted the Ninth Annual EMS Week Service Awards Ceremony Thursday, May 23, at the Illinois Machine Shed in Rockford. The event was to honor OSF Lifeline Ambulance employees as a part of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week.
The EMS Call of the Year Award and three individual achievement awards were given out during the event. Recipients were chosen from nominations made by their peers at OSF Lifeline Ambulance.
OSF Lifeline Ambulance Call of the Year
The 2013 OSF Lifeline Ambulance Call of the Year occurred July 7, 2012, and involved a vehicle explosion on I-90. The personnel involved included OSF Lifeline Ambulance paramedics Lisa Walsh and Robin McElroy and medical communications dispatcher and OSF Lifeline Ambulance paramedic Ken Claus.
Walsh and McElroy responded to the July 7, 2012, motor vehicle accident on I-90. While on-scene, one of the cars involved in the accident exploded. Walsh and McElroy worked together to provide quality patient care and to keep all patients safe. Claus, who was working in Medical Communications (MEDCOM) when this occurred, recognized the severity of the situation and proactively contacted the supervisor on call that day to ensure the proper actions were taken to maintain the safety of the on-site responders.
Individual achievement awards
The following individual achievement awards were given out:
OSF Lifeline Employee Achievement Award: Mark Donoho, EMT-Paramedic, OSF Saint Anthony Emergency Medical Transportation
OSF Lifeline Office Personnel Achievement Award: Becky Zehe, secretary, OSF Saint Anthony Emergency Medical Transportation
OSF Lifeline Ambulance Wheelchair Van Driver Achievement Award: Don Zwirblis, Wheelchair/Van Operator, OSF Saint Anthony Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
From the June 5-11, 2013, issue