- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
OSF distributes EMS Week Service Awards
OSF Trauma and Emergency Services hosted the Ninth Annual EMS Week Service Awards Ceremony Thursday, May 23, at the Illinois Machine Shed in Rockford. The event was to honor OSF Lifeline Ambulance employees as a part of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Week.
The EMS Call of the Year Award and three individual achievement awards were given out during the event. Recipients were chosen from nominations made by their peers at OSF Lifeline Ambulance.
OSF Lifeline Ambulance Call of the Year
The 2013 OSF Lifeline Ambulance Call of the Year occurred July 7, 2012, and involved a vehicle explosion on I-90. The personnel involved included OSF Lifeline Ambulance paramedics Lisa Walsh and Robin McElroy and medical communications dispatcher and OSF Lifeline Ambulance paramedic Ken Claus.
Walsh and McElroy responded to the July 7, 2012, motor vehicle accident on I-90. While on-scene, one of the cars involved in the accident exploded. Walsh and McElroy worked together to provide quality patient care and to keep all patients safe. Claus, who was working in Medical Communications (MEDCOM) when this occurred, recognized the severity of the situation and proactively contacted the supervisor on call that day to ensure the proper actions were taken to maintain the safety of the on-site responders.
Individual achievement awards
The following individual achievement awards were given out:
OSF Lifeline Employee Achievement Award: Mark Donoho, EMT-Paramedic, OSF Saint Anthony Emergency Medical Transportation
OSF Lifeline Office Personnel Achievement Award: Becky Zehe, secretary, OSF Saint Anthony Emergency Medical Transportation
OSF Lifeline Ambulance Wheelchair Van Driver Achievement Award: Don Zwirblis, Wheelchair/Van Operator, OSF Saint Anthony Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
From the June 5-11, 2013, issue