- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Park District offers Learn to Swim classes for children
Learn a lifetime leisure skill while having fun in the water this summer. Registration is under way for Rockford Park District Learn to Swim classes for children ages 6 months to 17 years (age as of June 1), and adults ages 18 and older. Two-week weekday sessions begin June 10, June 24, July 15 and July 29, and meet for eight 45-minute classes (30-minute classes for tots ages 5 and younger), offered Monday-Thursday mornings and afternoons at Sand Park Pool, and mornings, afternoons and evenings at Alpine Pool.
A Saturday morning session is offered for youth (only) at Alpine and Sand Park pools, and meets once a week from June 15 through Aug. 10 (no class July 6). At Harkins Aquatic Center, free group swimming lessons will be available to anyone present at Open Swim time Monday-Thursday, June 10-Aug. 8, 2-3:45 p.m.
Each child registered for Bubble Club, Tiny Tots or Learn to Swim receives five swim passes good for five free public swimming session admissions, plus one free Magic Waters day admission. (Limit one set of passes per person per summer.)
Rockford Park District also offers Junior Lifeguard basic and advanced training sessions for youth ages 10-15, beginning the same dates as Shelbert’s Swim Academy, and Competitive Swim Training weekdays June 10-July 31 for ages 11-22.
A complete schedule of aquatics lessons and programs, including fees and class descriptions, is included in the Park District’s Spring/Summer 2013 Program Guide online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides, and at Park District facilities and Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park). Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents; an installment payment plan is available. Register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/swimming (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park District Customer Service locations.
For more information, including information about support for participants with disabilities, call Customer Service at (815) 987-8800.
Posted June 5, 2013