- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Summer concerts begin June 7 at Mt. Morris Band Shell
MOUNT MORRIS, Ill. — The Friday Night Campus Concerts Committee has announced the final lineup for its 2013 free music performances on the Mt. Morris Band Shell.
Performances are as follow:
June 7: The DeKalb Footstompers — Polka,classic country, rock ’n’ roll, cajun and more!
June 14: Bootleg Flyers — Classic rock
June 21: Lyle Grobe and the Rhythm Ramblers — Classic country
June 28: Dave Warkins and Country Standard Tyme — Classic country
July 12: Legends of Country — Classic country
July 19: Second Wind — Classic and contemporary country and rock
July 26: Bobby Messano — Blues rock
Aug. 2: The Jimmys — Blues
Aug. 9: Jim Kanas & Friends — American roots, swing and folk
All shows begin at 7 p.m. and last until 9 p.m. New this year, local charitable organizations will be providing concessions each night starting at 6 p.m.So far,these groups include Loaves & Fishes, Serenity Hospice, Mt. Morris Senior Center, Disciples United Methodist Church and the Mt. Morris Women’s Club. An array of vendors will offer produce, plants and crafts on the campus each Friday.
The Mt. Morris Band Shell is at the intersection of Wesley Avenue and East Front Street, two blocks south of Route 64 in the center of town.
Call (815) 973-6786 for more details.
Posted June 5, 2013