- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Summer concerts begin June 7 at Mt. Morris Band Shell
MOUNT MORRIS, Ill. — The Friday Night Campus Concerts Committee has announced the final lineup for its 2013 free music performances on the Mt. Morris Band Shell.
Performances are as follow:
June 7: The DeKalb Footstompers — Polka,classic country, rock ’n’ roll, cajun and more!
June 14: Bootleg Flyers — Classic rock
June 21: Lyle Grobe and the Rhythm Ramblers — Classic country
June 28: Dave Warkins and Country Standard Tyme — Classic country
July 12: Legends of Country — Classic country
July 19: Second Wind — Classic and contemporary country and rock
July 26: Bobby Messano — Blues rock
Aug. 2: The Jimmys — Blues
Aug. 9: Jim Kanas & Friends — American roots, swing and folk
All shows begin at 7 p.m. and last until 9 p.m. New this year, local charitable organizations will be providing concessions each night starting at 6 p.m.So far,these groups include Loaves & Fishes, Serenity Hospice, Mt. Morris Senior Center, Disciples United Methodist Church and the Mt. Morris Women’s Club. An array of vendors will offer produce, plants and crafts on the campus each Friday.
The Mt. Morris Band Shell is at the intersection of Wesley Avenue and East Front Street, two blocks south of Route 64 in the center of town.
Call (815) 973-6786 for more details.
Posted June 5, 2013