- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Summer concerts begin June 7 at Mt. Morris Band Shell
MOUNT MORRIS, Ill. — The Friday Night Campus Concerts Committee has announced the final lineup for its 2013 free music performances on the Mt. Morris Band Shell.
Performances are as follow:
June 7: The DeKalb Footstompers — Polka,classic country, rock ’n’ roll, cajun and more!
June 14: Bootleg Flyers — Classic rock
June 21: Lyle Grobe and the Rhythm Ramblers — Classic country
June 28: Dave Warkins and Country Standard Tyme — Classic country
July 12: Legends of Country — Classic country
July 19: Second Wind — Classic and contemporary country and rock
July 26: Bobby Messano — Blues rock
Aug. 2: The Jimmys — Blues
Aug. 9: Jim Kanas & Friends — American roots, swing and folk
All shows begin at 7 p.m. and last until 9 p.m. New this year, local charitable organizations will be providing concessions each night starting at 6 p.m.So far,these groups include Loaves & Fishes, Serenity Hospice, Mt. Morris Senior Center, Disciples United Methodist Church and the Mt. Morris Women’s Club. An array of vendors will offer produce, plants and crafts on the campus each Friday.
The Mt. Morris Band Shell is at the intersection of Wesley Avenue and East Front Street, two blocks south of Route 64 in the center of town.
Call (815) 973-6786 for more details.
Posted June 5, 2013