- Comptroller: state payroll system antiquated
- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
The grand deception
People buy the Illinois Lottery tickets in hopes of getting rich! But it’s a grand deception (fake illusion). Because the odds of winning much are stacked against them.
And it’s a no-brainer that the ticket losses aren’t going toward the Illinois School House Fund because only 2 percent of it ever reaches its true destination! So, that’s why there are too many school closings, while our state governor (Pat Quinn) squanders the other 98 percent on not truthful misappropriations.
Philip J. Wilson
From the June 5-11, 2013, issue