- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
The grand deception
People buy the Illinois Lottery tickets in hopes of getting rich! But it’s a grand deception (fake illusion). Because the odds of winning much are stacked against them.
And it’s a no-brainer that the ticket losses aren’t going toward the Illinois School House Fund because only 2 percent of it ever reaches its true destination! So, that’s why there are too many school closings, while our state governor (Pat Quinn) squanders the other 98 percent on not truthful misappropriations.
Philip J. Wilson
From the June 5-11, 2013, issue