- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
The grand deception
People buy the Illinois Lottery tickets in hopes of getting rich! But it’s a grand deception (fake illusion). Because the odds of winning much are stacked against them.
And it’s a no-brainer that the ticket losses aren’t going toward the Illinois School House Fund because only 2 percent of it ever reaches its true destination! So, that’s why there are too many school closings, while our state governor (Pat Quinn) squanders the other 98 percent on not truthful misappropriations.
Philip J. Wilson
From the June 5-11, 2013, issue