- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
The grand deception
People buy the Illinois Lottery tickets in hopes of getting rich! But it’s a grand deception (fake illusion). Because the odds of winning much are stacked against them.
And it’s a no-brainer that the ticket losses aren’t going toward the Illinois School House Fund because only 2 percent of it ever reaches its true destination! So, that’s why there are too many school closings, while our state governor (Pat Quinn) squanders the other 98 percent on not truthful misappropriations.
Philip J. Wilson
From the June 5-11, 2013, issue