- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Wild West Weekend at Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo June 8-9
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Summerfield Zoo, 3088 Flora Road, Belvidere, Ill., will host a Wild West Weekend Saturday and Sunday, June 8-9.
Wild West activities include an authentic tipi, mining for gold, lasso a cow, stick horse races, best-dressed cowboy and cowgirl competitions, horse demonstrations, and wandering Sally and her donkey.
The zoo is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, and 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $8 per adult, $6 per senior and $5 per child. All proceeds go to the care of the animals, many of which are rescue animals.
“Bring your sense of adventure, along with your cowboy boots and hat, to Wild West Weekend. It will be a fun weekend for all!” said Margaret Tyler, volunteer at Summerfield Zoo.
Enjoy animal presentations, pony rides, the petting zoo, Lilly’s Craft Corner, Carmen’s Café and Prancer’s gift shop all while at the zoo.
Summerfield Zoo specializes in providing an up-close and personal animal experience for the whole family Visit summerfieldfarmandzoo.com or call (815) 547-4852.
Posted June 5, 2013