- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Wild West Weekend at Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo June 8-9
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Summerfield Zoo, 3088 Flora Road, Belvidere, Ill., will host a Wild West Weekend Saturday and Sunday, June 8-9.
Wild West activities include an authentic tipi, mining for gold, lasso a cow, stick horse races, best-dressed cowboy and cowgirl competitions, horse demonstrations, and wandering Sally and her donkey.
The zoo is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, and 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $8 per adult, $6 per senior and $5 per child. All proceeds go to the care of the animals, many of which are rescue animals.
“Bring your sense of adventure, along with your cowboy boots and hat, to Wild West Weekend. It will be a fun weekend for all!” said Margaret Tyler, volunteer at Summerfield Zoo.
Enjoy animal presentations, pony rides, the petting zoo, Lilly’s Craft Corner, Carmen’s Café and Prancer’s gift shop all while at the zoo.
Summerfield Zoo specializes in providing an up-close and personal animal experience for the whole family Visit summerfieldfarmandzoo.com or call (815) 547-4852.
Posted June 5, 2013