- Yes, Virginia, Portillo’s is coming to Rockford
- Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
- Tech-Friendly: Recycle your old electronics this holiday season
- Garbage collection adjusted for Christmas, New Year’s
- Linda Grist Cunningham to lead YWCA Leader Luncheon dialogue
- Gift card purchases: Buyer beware, BBB warns
- Illinois corporations targeted by solicitation letter
- Illinois median home prices increase in November, sales down
- Jay Cutler to start for Bears, Clausen suffers concussion
- More than 600 expected at Rescue Mission’s Christmas banquet
Wild West Weekend at Belvidere’s Summerfield Zoo June 8-9
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Summerfield Zoo, 3088 Flora Road, Belvidere, Ill., will host a Wild West Weekend Saturday and Sunday, June 8-9.
Wild West activities include an authentic tipi, mining for gold, lasso a cow, stick horse races, best-dressed cowboy and cowgirl competitions, horse demonstrations, and wandering Sally and her donkey.
The zoo is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, and 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $8 per adult, $6 per senior and $5 per child. All proceeds go to the care of the animals, many of which are rescue animals.
“Bring your sense of adventure, along with your cowboy boots and hat, to Wild West Weekend. It will be a fun weekend for all!” said Margaret Tyler, volunteer at Summerfield Zoo.
Enjoy animal presentations, pony rides, the petting zoo, Lilly’s Craft Corner, Carmen’s Café and Prancer’s gift shop all while at the zoo.
Summerfield Zoo specializes in providing an up-close and personal animal experience for the whole family Visit summerfieldfarmandzoo.com or call (815) 547-4852.
Posted June 5, 2013