- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
Boys & Girls Club creates carousel horse
Tyler Berens, Caitlyn Carlson and Jillian Yoakum (from left in photo) of the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford put the finishing touches on an antique carousel horse for the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative. After being displayed in the park for the 2013 season, this horse will be given back to the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford to use as an auction item or for display.
In East Dundee, Ill., the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative was developed to commemorate the work of resident artist Dutch Akers of Crystal Lake, Ill., who restored the Park’s carousel for the new season. As a part of the initiative, Santa’s Village Azoosment Park reached out to six different nonprofit organizations to design their own masterpiece for display at the Park. A Carousel for a Cause celebration will be held at the park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Thursday, June 13.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue