- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
- Pet Talk: Healthy pets make for a happy holiday
- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
Boys & Girls Club creates carousel horse
Tyler Berens, Caitlyn Carlson and Jillian Yoakum (from left in photo) of the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford put the finishing touches on an antique carousel horse for the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative. After being displayed in the park for the 2013 season, this horse will be given back to the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford to use as an auction item or for display.
In East Dundee, Ill., the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative was developed to commemorate the work of resident artist Dutch Akers of Crystal Lake, Ill., who restored the Park’s carousel for the new season. As a part of the initiative, Santa’s Village Azoosment Park reached out to six different nonprofit organizations to design their own masterpiece for display at the Park. A Carousel for a Cause celebration will be held at the park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Thursday, June 13.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue