- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Boys & Girls Club creates carousel horse
Tyler Berens, Caitlyn Carlson and Jillian Yoakum (from left in photo) of the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford put the finishing touches on an antique carousel horse for the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative. After being displayed in the park for the 2013 season, this horse will be given back to the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford to use as an auction item or for display.
In East Dundee, Ill., the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative was developed to commemorate the work of resident artist Dutch Akers of Crystal Lake, Ill., who restored the Park’s carousel for the new season. As a part of the initiative, Santa’s Village Azoosment Park reached out to six different nonprofit organizations to design their own masterpiece for display at the Park. A Carousel for a Cause celebration will be held at the park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Thursday, June 13.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue