- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Boys & Girls Club creates carousel horse
Tyler Berens, Caitlyn Carlson and Jillian Yoakum (from left in photo) of the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford put the finishing touches on an antique carousel horse for the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative. After being displayed in the park for the 2013 season, this horse will be given back to the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford to use as an auction item or for display.
In East Dundee, Ill., the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative was developed to commemorate the work of resident artist Dutch Akers of Crystal Lake, Ill., who restored the Park’s carousel for the new season. As a part of the initiative, Santa’s Village Azoosment Park reached out to six different nonprofit organizations to design their own masterpiece for display at the Park. A Carousel for a Cause celebration will be held at the park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Thursday, June 13.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue