- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Boys & Girls Club creates carousel horse
Tyler Berens, Caitlyn Carlson and Jillian Yoakum (from left in photo) of the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford put the finishing touches on an antique carousel horse for the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative. After being displayed in the park for the 2013 season, this horse will be given back to the Boys & Girls Club of Rockford to use as an auction item or for display.
In East Dundee, Ill., the Santa’s Village Azoosment Park Carousel for a Cause initiative was developed to commemorate the work of resident artist Dutch Akers of Crystal Lake, Ill., who restored the Park’s carousel for the new season. As a part of the initiative, Santa’s Village Azoosment Park reached out to six different nonprofit organizations to design their own masterpiece for display at the Park. A Carousel for a Cause celebration will be held at the park from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Thursday, June 13.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue