- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
BREAST Yard Sale runs through June 16 in Oregon, Ill.
OREGON, Ill. — The sale started as usual on Memorial Day, but the rummage keeps flowing through June 16 at the 11th Annual BREAST Yard Sale at the big white barn at 1194 W. Mud Creek Road, Oregon, Ill.
Oregon, Ill., resident Karen Virnoche is running the sale for the 11th time, with all proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
This year, the lingerie selection is phenomenal because Maidenform donated 1,000 pieces of lingerie. Besides the lingerie, there are many items for everyone, including basketball hoops/stands, collectibles, clothes and purses, record albums, kitchen appliances, a vintage card sled, furniture, books, holiday décor, dish sets and glassware, bicycles and jewelry.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., daily. Call (815) 973-2050.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue