- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Bygone Brand brings Rockford history to T-shirts
Bygone Brand is a new online apparel company with T-shirt designs based on old local companies. Started in March by Keith and Amy Watson, the concept was to bring back nostalgic brands that many grew up with, but have long gone from the community.
“There’s such a great history of everyday people, places and companies here that goes beyond sock monkeys and screws,” Keith said. “This is a way to remember and show local pride with a T.”
The online store, www.bygonebrand.com, opened June 1, with an initial offering of four designs — The Ing, The Game Factory, Geri’s Hamburgers and Pink Pony. More shirts are already in the works, but Amy adds, “We want to be smart and grow slowly.” Contact Keith Watson at (815) 978-7188 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit bygonebrand.com.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue