- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Bygone Brand brings Rockford history to T-shirts
Bygone Brand is a new online apparel company with T-shirt designs based on old local companies. Started in March by Keith and Amy Watson, the concept was to bring back nostalgic brands that many grew up with, but have long gone from the community.
“There’s such a great history of everyday people, places and companies here that goes beyond sock monkeys and screws,” Keith said. “This is a way to remember and show local pride with a T.”
The online store, www.bygonebrand.com, opened June 1, with an initial offering of four designs — The Ing, The Game Factory, Geri’s Hamburgers and Pink Pony. More shirts are already in the works, but Amy adds, “We want to be smart and grow slowly.” Contact Keith Watson at (815) 978-7188 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit bygonebrand.com.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue