- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Bygone Brand brings Rockford history to T-shirts
Bygone Brand is a new online apparel company with T-shirt designs based on old local companies. Started in March by Keith and Amy Watson, the concept was to bring back nostalgic brands that many grew up with, but have long gone from the community.
“There’s such a great history of everyday people, places and companies here that goes beyond sock monkeys and screws,” Keith said. “This is a way to remember and show local pride with a T.”
The online store, www.bygonebrand.com, opened June 1, with an initial offering of four designs — The Ing, The Game Factory, Geri’s Hamburgers and Pink Pony. More shirts are already in the works, but Amy adds, “We want to be smart and grow slowly.” Contact Keith Watson at (815) 978-7188 or email@example.com, or visit bygonebrand.com.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue