- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Bygone Brand brings Rockford history to T-shirts
Bygone Brand is a new online apparel company with T-shirt designs based on old local companies. Started in March by Keith and Amy Watson, the concept was to bring back nostalgic brands that many grew up with, but have long gone from the community.
“There’s such a great history of everyday people, places and companies here that goes beyond sock monkeys and screws,” Keith said. “This is a way to remember and show local pride with a T.”
The online store, www.bygonebrand.com, opened June 1, with an initial offering of four designs — The Ing, The Game Factory, Geri’s Hamburgers and Pink Pony. More shirts are already in the works, but Amy adds, “We want to be smart and grow slowly.” Contact Keith Watson at (815) 978-7188 or email@example.com, or visit bygonebrand.com.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue