- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Bygone Brand brings Rockford history to T-shirts
Bygone Brand is a new online apparel company with T-shirt designs based on old local companies. Started in March by Keith and Amy Watson, the concept was to bring back nostalgic brands that many grew up with, but have long gone from the community.
“There’s such a great history of everyday people, places and companies here that goes beyond sock monkeys and screws,” Keith said. “This is a way to remember and show local pride with a T.”
The online store, www.bygonebrand.com, opened June 1, with an initial offering of four designs — The Ing, The Game Factory, Geri’s Hamburgers and Pink Pony. More shirts are already in the works, but Amy adds, “We want to be smart and grow slowly.” Contact Keith Watson at (815) 978-7188 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit bygonebrand.com.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue