- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Dairy Breakfast June 15 in Poplar Grove
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — The 16th Annual Boone County Farm Bureau Foundation Dairy Breakfast will be from 6:30 to 11 a.m., Saturday, June 15, at Johnson Family Dairy Farm, 6431 Stateline Road, Poplar Grove, Ill.
Activities include a craft show featuring some of the area’s most talented crafters and vendors; horse-drawn wagon rides provided by local team drivers; children’s games; a petting zoo; Cow Pie Bingo; antique tractor; and Model T car displays.
All proceeds of the breakfast and the Cow Pie Bingo will go to the Boone County Farm Bureau Foundation. The foundation was established for the purpose of providing scholarships and increasing agriculture awareness through educational means, such as Winnebago-Boone Agriculture In The Classroom and Summer Ag Institute.
The menu consists of all-you-can-eat pancakes, whole-hog sausage, applesauce, ice cream, milk and coffee. Prices are $6 for adults, $3 children ages 6-10, and children younger than 5 are free.
For more information, call the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau office at (815) 962-0653.
Posted June 12, 2013