- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Dairy Breakfast June 15 in Poplar Grove
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — The 16th Annual Boone County Farm Bureau Foundation Dairy Breakfast will be from 6:30 to 11 a.m., Saturday, June 15, at Johnson Family Dairy Farm, 6431 Stateline Road, Poplar Grove, Ill.
Activities include a craft show featuring some of the area’s most talented crafters and vendors; horse-drawn wagon rides provided by local team drivers; children’s games; a petting zoo; Cow Pie Bingo; antique tractor; and Model T car displays.
All proceeds of the breakfast and the Cow Pie Bingo will go to the Boone County Farm Bureau Foundation. The foundation was established for the purpose of providing scholarships and increasing agriculture awareness through educational means, such as Winnebago-Boone Agriculture In The Classroom and Summer Ag Institute.
The menu consists of all-you-can-eat pancakes, whole-hog sausage, applesauce, ice cream, milk and coffee. Prices are $6 for adults, $3 children ages 6-10, and children younger than 5 are free.
For more information, call the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau office at (815) 962-0653.
Posted June 12, 2013