- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Dairy Breakfast June 15 in Poplar Grove
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — The 16th Annual Boone County Farm Bureau Foundation Dairy Breakfast will be from 6:30 to 11 a.m., Saturday, June 15, at Johnson Family Dairy Farm, 6431 Stateline Road, Poplar Grove, Ill.
Activities include a craft show featuring some of the area’s most talented crafters and vendors; horse-drawn wagon rides provided by local team drivers; children’s games; a petting zoo; Cow Pie Bingo; antique tractor; and Model T car displays.
All proceeds of the breakfast and the Cow Pie Bingo will go to the Boone County Farm Bureau Foundation. The foundation was established for the purpose of providing scholarships and increasing agriculture awareness through educational means, such as Winnebago-Boone Agriculture In The Classroom and Summer Ag Institute.
The menu consists of all-you-can-eat pancakes, whole-hog sausage, applesauce, ice cream, milk and coffee. Prices are $6 for adults, $3 children ages 6-10, and children younger than 5 are free.
For more information, call the Winnebago-Boone Farm Bureau office at (815) 962-0653.
Posted June 12, 2013