- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Help free us from special interests
“I can’t afford a lobbyist, so I made this sign.” Whatever you thought of the rest of it, that message resonated with most of us. Eighteen months later, we still can’t afford lobbyists, and those who can, control Washington, D.C.
Since Congress is completely dependent on these special-interest campaign funders, they are incapable of bringing about change themselves. We must force it on them. The American Anti-Corruption Act gives us a means to do that.
A group of knowledgeable reformers from across the political spectrum have come together to compose a comprehensive piece of legislation that attacks the root of the corruption. AntiCorruption.org explains how the AACA stops lobbyist bribery, ends secret money and empowers everyday Americans.
The creators of the act are not seeking support for it from Congress; they are seeking the support of you, the citizens. Once we have sufficient support, only then do we take it to Congress and demand they pass it as is, no amendments or alterations. Sign up to become a citizen co-sponsor and help free our country from the grip of special interests at Represent.Us.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue