- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Help free us from special interests
“I can’t afford a lobbyist, so I made this sign.” Whatever you thought of the rest of it, that message resonated with most of us. Eighteen months later, we still can’t afford lobbyists, and those who can, control Washington, D.C.
Since Congress is completely dependent on these special-interest campaign funders, they are incapable of bringing about change themselves. We must force it on them. The American Anti-Corruption Act gives us a means to do that.
A group of knowledgeable reformers from across the political spectrum have come together to compose a comprehensive piece of legislation that attacks the root of the corruption. AntiCorruption.org explains how the AACA stops lobbyist bribery, ends secret money and empowers everyday Americans.
The creators of the act are not seeking support for it from Congress; they are seeking the support of you, the citizens. Once we have sufficient support, only then do we take it to Congress and demand they pass it as is, no amendments or alterations. Sign up to become a citizen co-sponsor and help free our country from the grip of special interests at Represent.Us.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue