- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Help free us from special interests
“I can’t afford a lobbyist, so I made this sign.” Whatever you thought of the rest of it, that message resonated with most of us. Eighteen months later, we still can’t afford lobbyists, and those who can, control Washington, D.C.
Since Congress is completely dependent on these special-interest campaign funders, they are incapable of bringing about change themselves. We must force it on them. The American Anti-Corruption Act gives us a means to do that.
A group of knowledgeable reformers from across the political spectrum have come together to compose a comprehensive piece of legislation that attacks the root of the corruption. AntiCorruption.org explains how the AACA stops lobbyist bribery, ends secret money and empowers everyday Americans.
The creators of the act are not seeking support for it from Congress; they are seeking the support of you, the citizens. Once we have sufficient support, only then do we take it to Congress and demand they pass it as is, no amendments or alterations. Sign up to become a citizen co-sponsor and help free our country from the grip of special interests at Represent.Us.
From the June 12-18, 2013, issue