- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Jefferson congratulates West Middle School grads
State Rep. Chuck Jefferson, D-Rockford, awarded Rockford’s West Middle School students June 5 for their commitment to academic success and community involvement.
“It is very important that our young students are encouraged and acknowledged for their achievements in school,” Jefferson said. “Because education is top priority of mine, this year in Springfield, I backed measures to reinstate state funding towards public education, and supported an initiative that will create a public-private partnership to award tuition grants to eligible Rockford high school students, to help them graduate and afford opportunities in higher education.”
Pictured, Jefferson presents an Illinois House certificate of achievement to Jordan White for being named the Kishwaukee Region Illinois Principals Association Honoree for Academic and Social Accomplishments. West Middle School Principal Maceo Rainey watches from the podium.
Posted June 12, 2013