- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Jefferson congratulates West Middle School grads
State Rep. Chuck Jefferson, D-Rockford, awarded Rockford’s West Middle School students June 5 for their commitment to academic success and community involvement.
“It is very important that our young students are encouraged and acknowledged for their achievements in school,” Jefferson said. “Because education is top priority of mine, this year in Springfield, I backed measures to reinstate state funding towards public education, and supported an initiative that will create a public-private partnership to award tuition grants to eligible Rockford high school students, to help them graduate and afford opportunities in higher education.”
Pictured, Jefferson presents an Illinois House certificate of achievement to Jordan White for being named the Kishwaukee Region Illinois Principals Association Honoree for Academic and Social Accomplishments. West Middle School Principal Maceo Rainey watches from the podium.
Posted June 12, 2013