- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Jefferson congratulates West Middle School grads
State Rep. Chuck Jefferson, D-Rockford, awarded Rockford’s West Middle School students June 5 for their commitment to academic success and community involvement.
“It is very important that our young students are encouraged and acknowledged for their achievements in school,” Jefferson said. “Because education is top priority of mine, this year in Springfield, I backed measures to reinstate state funding towards public education, and supported an initiative that will create a public-private partnership to award tuition grants to eligible Rockford high school students, to help them graduate and afford opportunities in higher education.”
Pictured, Jefferson presents an Illinois House certificate of achievement to Jordan White for being named the Kishwaukee Region Illinois Principals Association Honoree for Academic and Social Accomplishments. West Middle School Principal Maceo Rainey watches from the podium.
Posted June 12, 2013