- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Jefferson congratulates West Middle School grads
State Rep. Chuck Jefferson, D-Rockford, awarded Rockford’s West Middle School students June 5 for their commitment to academic success and community involvement.
“It is very important that our young students are encouraged and acknowledged for their achievements in school,” Jefferson said. “Because education is top priority of mine, this year in Springfield, I backed measures to reinstate state funding towards public education, and supported an initiative that will create a public-private partnership to award tuition grants to eligible Rockford high school students, to help them graduate and afford opportunities in higher education.”
Pictured, Jefferson presents an Illinois House certificate of achievement to Jordan White for being named the Kishwaukee Region Illinois Principals Association Honoree for Academic and Social Accomplishments. West Middle School Principal Maceo Rainey watches from the podium.
Posted June 12, 2013