- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Jefferson congratulates West Middle School grads
State Rep. Chuck Jefferson, D-Rockford, awarded Rockford’s West Middle School students June 5 for their commitment to academic success and community involvement.
“It is very important that our young students are encouraged and acknowledged for their achievements in school,” Jefferson said. “Because education is top priority of mine, this year in Springfield, I backed measures to reinstate state funding towards public education, and supported an initiative that will create a public-private partnership to award tuition grants to eligible Rockford high school students, to help them graduate and afford opportunities in higher education.”
Pictured, Jefferson presents an Illinois House certificate of achievement to Jordan White for being named the Kishwaukee Region Illinois Principals Association Honoree for Academic and Social Accomplishments. West Middle School Principal Maceo Rainey watches from the podium.
Posted June 12, 2013