- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Park District offers summer Youth Sports Tots Camp
Online Staff Report
Registration is under way for Rockford Park District’s summer Youth Sports Tots Camp for children ages 3-5. Campers will be introduced to a new sport each themed practice session, with activities designed to keep them active, moving and having fun in a safe and positive environment.
Some of the featured sports are Quick-Start Tennis, track and field, flag football skills and drills, and T-ball; agility and coordination training are also included.
Three sessions are scheduled to meet twice a week, 6-6:45 p.m., at Brown Park in northwest Rockford: Monday/Wednesday, June 17-26; Tuesday/Thursday, July 16-25; and Monday/Wednesday, Aug. 19-28; parents/guardians are welcome to assist with activities.
Camp fee is $30 per session ($35 non-resident), which includes a camp shirt, trophy, certificate and healthy snack after each practice. For complete program description, check the Rockford Park District 2013 Spring/Summer Program Guide, available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides and Park District facilities and Customer Service locations. Registration deadlines are one week prior to session start dates, if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; space is limited, so early registration is encouraged.
Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents; an installment payment plan is available.
Register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park, Ill., where information about support for participants with disabilities is also available. Call (815) 987-8800.
Posted June 12, 2013