- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Park District offers summer Youth Sports Tots Camp
Online Staff Report
Registration is under way for Rockford Park District’s summer Youth Sports Tots Camp for children ages 3-5. Campers will be introduced to a new sport each themed practice session, with activities designed to keep them active, moving and having fun in a safe and positive environment.
Some of the featured sports are Quick-Start Tennis, track and field, flag football skills and drills, and T-ball; agility and coordination training are also included.
Three sessions are scheduled to meet twice a week, 6-6:45 p.m., at Brown Park in northwest Rockford: Monday/Wednesday, June 17-26; Tuesday/Thursday, July 16-25; and Monday/Wednesday, Aug. 19-28; parents/guardians are welcome to assist with activities.
Camp fee is $30 per session ($35 non-resident), which includes a camp shirt, trophy, certificate and healthy snack after each practice. For complete program description, check the Rockford Park District 2013 Spring/Summer Program Guide, available at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/guides and Park District facilities and Customer Service locations. Registration deadlines are one week prior to session start dates, if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; space is limited, so early registration is encouraged.
Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents; an installment payment plan is available.
Register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Customer Service locations in downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park, Ill., where information about support for participants with disabilities is also available. Call (815) 987-8800.
Posted June 12, 2013