- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Tribute to Harry Nilsson June 14 at Memorial Hall
Online Staff Report
An evening of Harry Nilsson songs and songs in the style of Harry Nilsson will be featured at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St., Friday, June 14. Doors open at 7 p.m., with concert starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $7 at the door.
The event will serve as a birthday tribute to Nilsson, who would be turning 72 this year. Nilsson won three Grammy Awards in 1973: Best Album, Best Song and Best Male Vocal. Nilsson was known for his work in movies as well, especially The Point, a 1971 animated musical for children. Nilsson also won the Best Male Vocal Grammy in 1969 for the song “Everybody’s Talking,” the theme song from the movie Midnight Cowboy.
In addition to the Nilsson classics, the show will feature original music in the style of Nilsson from Original Mechanical Mouse’s new CD, In Honor of Harry Nilsson.
The show features Nilsson songs performed by local musicians Joel Collinsworth and John Tallman, with special guest Paul Maddison (a.k.a. the “Naked Little Monkey”).
Collinsworth, who performs under the name “Original Mechanical Mouse,” and is the show’s producer, said: “We are proud to have Paul Maddison join us. He is a musical force reminiscent of the Beatles or Pink Floyd.”
Maddison is from England originally, but now lives in Caledonia.
Posted June 12, 2013