- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Local artist to display 365 pieces in solo show at Rockford Art Deli, opening June 14
Online Staff Report
Local artist Kari McDonald will display her 365-collage project at Rockford Art Deli, 402 E. State St., beginning with an opening-night reception from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, June 14.
The project, which started as a daily creative experiment, concluded after more than two years with intriguing, high-detailed and unique pieces.
All 365 pieces will be displayed on one giant wall. Each will be for sale. The works will remain on display through July 10.
Also featured at the June 14 opening reception will be musical guests Jesse Fox, Emily Hurd and Starlite Radio.
The event is free and open to the public. Those attending will have the chance to win their favorite collage.
RSVP on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/157194397795897.
McDonald runs The Paper Button Studios, where she works on recycled vintage button jewelry, collages, prints and other art pieces. Visit www.ThePaperButton.com.
Posted June 13, 2013