- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Local artist to display 365 pieces in solo show at Rockford Art Deli, opening June 14
Online Staff Report
Local artist Kari McDonald will display her 365-collage project at Rockford Art Deli, 402 E. State St., beginning with an opening-night reception from 6 to 10 p.m., Friday, June 14.
The project, which started as a daily creative experiment, concluded after more than two years with intriguing, high-detailed and unique pieces.
All 365 pieces will be displayed on one giant wall. Each will be for sale. The works will remain on display through July 10.
Also featured at the June 14 opening reception will be musical guests Jesse Fox, Emily Hurd and Starlite Radio.
The event is free and open to the public. Those attending will have the chance to win their favorite collage.
RSVP on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/157194397795897.
McDonald runs The Paper Button Studios, where she works on recycled vintage button jewelry, collages, prints and other art pieces. Visit www.ThePaperButton.com.
Posted June 13, 2013