- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Miles Nielsen & the Rusted Hearts at Klehm June 16
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s own Miles Nielsen & the Rusted Hearts will appear at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden’s Wood Song concert Sunday, June 16. Gates open at 4 p.m., with concert starting at 6 p.m. Cost is $10 per person, $5 members and free for ages 12 and younger.
Sit back and relax with a glass of wine as you enjoy an open-air concert in Klehm’s magnificent Fountain Garden. Bring a chair, pillow or blanket, and a picnic dinner. Free guest shuttle service to and from the parking lot is provided at no charge.
All concerts are outdoors and are held rain or shine.
Nielsen stirs up his own pop rock brand of Beatles-esque Cosmic Americana. Pop rock arrangements and sunny melodies tucked between a long-lost country folk steel guitar floating through speakers around crashing drums, bouncing bass lines and smooth-as-butter keys. See Milesnielsen.com for more details.
Klehm is at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-8146. Visit klehm.org.
Posted June 13, 2013