- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Alpine Kiwanis gives scholarships to seniors
Rockford’s Alpine Kiwanis Club has awarded the following graduating local high school seniors with scholarships for college this fall: Zachary Layng, Rockford Christian; Julia Mendes, Rockton Hononegah, Miranda Paddock, Machesney Park Harlem; Clairanne Porter, Rockton Hononegah; Grace Procopio, Machesney Park Harlem; Haley Ross, Rockton Hononegah; and Stephanie Severing, Rockford Guilford.
Total awards are $15,000, with each senior receiving $1,500. Awards are to be used for tuition, books and fees at the colleges they will be attending in the fall of 2013.
The awards are given out each year by the club as part of the proceeds from their Annual Alpine Kiwanis Brat Days, held each year in July. This year, Brat Days is set for Friday-Saturday, July 19-20, at three locations: Edgebrook Center, Schnucks on East State Street and Schnucks at North Alpine and Harlem Road. Each site features live entertainment. Tickets are $5 in advance, $6 on site. Visit alpinekiwanis-il.org for more details.
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue