- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Alpine Kiwanis gives scholarships to seniors
Rockford’s Alpine Kiwanis Club has awarded the following graduating local high school seniors with scholarships for college this fall: Zachary Layng, Rockford Christian; Julia Mendes, Rockton Hononegah, Miranda Paddock, Machesney Park Harlem; Clairanne Porter, Rockton Hononegah; Grace Procopio, Machesney Park Harlem; Haley Ross, Rockton Hononegah; and Stephanie Severing, Rockford Guilford.
Total awards are $15,000, with each senior receiving $1,500. Awards are to be used for tuition, books and fees at the colleges they will be attending in the fall of 2013.
The awards are given out each year by the club as part of the proceeds from their Annual Alpine Kiwanis Brat Days, held each year in July. This year, Brat Days is set for Friday-Saturday, July 19-20, at three locations: Edgebrook Center, Schnucks on East State Street and Schnucks at North Alpine and Harlem Road. Each site features live entertainment. Tickets are $5 in advance, $6 on site. Visit alpinekiwanis-il.org for more details.
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue