- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Clarifying the issue
Editor’s note: The following is in response to a May 22-28 Letter to the Editor by Sheila Vayenas, “Response to letter about dog abortion,” which was in response to Philip J. Wilson’s original Letter to the Editor, “Follow the reasoning …,” from the May 8-14 issue.
I want to thank Ms. Sheila Vayenas for her letter in the May 22-28 issue regarding abortions for dogs.
I was not aware that “No vet will abort a long-term pregnancy and kill live pups.”
Since doctors who practice abortion will terminate a pregnancy, and some will kill live children (partial birth abortion and those born after an abortion), I will seek an abortionist if my dog gets pregnant.
Philip J. Meyers
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue