- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Clarifying the issue
Editor’s note: The following is in response to a May 22-28 Letter to the Editor by Sheila Vayenas, “Response to letter about dog abortion,” which was in response to Philip J. Wilson’s original Letter to the Editor, “Follow the reasoning …,” from the May 8-14 issue.
I want to thank Ms. Sheila Vayenas for her letter in the May 22-28 issue regarding abortions for dogs.
I was not aware that “No vet will abort a long-term pregnancy and kill live pups.”
Since doctors who practice abortion will terminate a pregnancy, and some will kill live children (partial birth abortion and those born after an abortion), I will seek an abortionist if my dog gets pregnant.
Philip J. Meyers
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue