- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Clarifying the issue
Editor’s note: The following is in response to a May 22-28 Letter to the Editor by Sheila Vayenas, “Response to letter about dog abortion,” which was in response to Philip J. Wilson’s original Letter to the Editor, “Follow the reasoning …,” from the May 8-14 issue.
I want to thank Ms. Sheila Vayenas for her letter in the May 22-28 issue regarding abortions for dogs.
I was not aware that “No vet will abort a long-term pregnancy and kill live pups.”
Since doctors who practice abortion will terminate a pregnancy, and some will kill live children (partial birth abortion and those born after an abortion), I will seek an abortionist if my dog gets pregnant.
Philip J. Meyers
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue