- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Clarifying the issue
Editor’s note: The following is in response to a May 22-28 Letter to the Editor by Sheila Vayenas, “Response to letter about dog abortion,” which was in response to Philip J. Wilson’s original Letter to the Editor, “Follow the reasoning …,” from the May 8-14 issue.
I want to thank Ms. Sheila Vayenas for her letter in the May 22-28 issue regarding abortions for dogs.
I was not aware that “No vet will abort a long-term pregnancy and kill live pups.”
Since doctors who practice abortion will terminate a pregnancy, and some will kill live children (partial birth abortion and those born after an abortion), I will seek an abortionist if my dog gets pregnant.
Philip J. Meyers
From the June 19-25, 2013, issue