- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Deschutes Brewery teams up with Alliance for the Great Lakes
Online Staff Report
CHICAGO — Deschutes Brewery, which recently began selling its beer in Illinois, is teaming up with the Alliance for the Great Lakes this year. The brewery will donate $1 of every barrel of draft beer sold in Illinois to help the Alliance achieve its mission of conserving and restoring the world’s largest freshwater resource. The new partnership will kick off at a special event at 3 p.m., Sunday, June 23, at Frontier, 1072 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago.
“As a company, we’ve always been committed to supporting great causes in our communities, especially when it comes to natural resources,” said Gavin Stoub, Illinois market manager for Deschutes Brewery. “In our hometown, we’ve been a longtime supporter of an organization that helps preserve the health of our namesake river, the Deschutes River Conservancy. This partnership with the Alliance for the Great Lakes made perfect sense for us, as we now sell our beer in Illinois.”
On a corporate level, Deschutes Brewery donates $1 of every barrel of beer sold nationwide to charities, equaling more than a quarter million dollars in the last year. These funds go to community nonprofit organizations to help build a healthier society and environment.
The public is invited to learn more about this partnership, while enjoying some tasty beer and food at the kickoff event at Frontier. The event will feature a $25 all-you-can-eat crawfish boil, $5 Deschutes Brewery taps featuring Twilight Summer Ale, and live jam band-style music.
Posted June 19, 2013