- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Deschutes Brewery teams up with Alliance for the Great Lakes
Online Staff Report
CHICAGO — Deschutes Brewery, which recently began selling its beer in Illinois, is teaming up with the Alliance for the Great Lakes this year. The brewery will donate $1 of every barrel of draft beer sold in Illinois to help the Alliance achieve its mission of conserving and restoring the world’s largest freshwater resource. The new partnership will kick off at a special event at 3 p.m., Sunday, June 23, at Frontier, 1072 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago.
“As a company, we’ve always been committed to supporting great causes in our communities, especially when it comes to natural resources,” said Gavin Stoub, Illinois market manager for Deschutes Brewery. “In our hometown, we’ve been a longtime supporter of an organization that helps preserve the health of our namesake river, the Deschutes River Conservancy. This partnership with the Alliance for the Great Lakes made perfect sense for us, as we now sell our beer in Illinois.”
On a corporate level, Deschutes Brewery donates $1 of every barrel of beer sold nationwide to charities, equaling more than a quarter million dollars in the last year. These funds go to community nonprofit organizations to help build a healthier society and environment.
The public is invited to learn more about this partnership, while enjoying some tasty beer and food at the kickoff event at Frontier. The event will feature a $25 all-you-can-eat crawfish boil, $5 Deschutes Brewery taps featuring Twilight Summer Ale, and live jam band-style music.
Posted June 19, 2013