- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Girl Scout board members elected
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois (GSNI) recently elected new members to the council’s Board of Directors and Board Development Committee.
Lisa Normoyle of Rockford was elected as board chairman. Other officers elected included Scott F. McCleary of Aurora as first vice chairman; Bobbie Riley of Batavia as second vice chairman; Donna Bausman of Mount Carroll as secretary; and Robert Quimby of Rockton as treasurer.
GSNI’s board of directors-at-large for a two-year term now include Dr. Annette Acevedo of Elgin, Mark M. Ackerman of Pecatonica, Theresa Barreiro of Aurora, Rosario DeLeon of Aurora, Christin Giedd of Dixon, Gwyn Gulley of Machesney Park, Dr. Sylvia Hood-Washington of Winfield, Michael T. Peddle of DeKalb, Jean Marie Saidler of Crystal Lake and Patricia Tuner of Elgin. Members of the Board Development Committee include Susan Angell-Case of Elgin, John Kovanda of Batavia, and Archie Needham of Aurora.
Girl Scouts elected as board-appointed associate directors are Kayla Colwell of Franklin Grove, Lindsay Schwartz of Kildeer and Stefany Veldhuizen of Sycamore.
GSNI serves more than 18,000 girls and 5,500 adult volunteers in parts or all of Boone, Carroll, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago counties. Visit www.girlscoutsni.org or call 1-800-242-5591.
Posted June 19, 2013