- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Girl Scout board members elected
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois (GSNI) recently elected new members to the council’s Board of Directors and Board Development Committee.
Lisa Normoyle of Rockford was elected as board chairman. Other officers elected included Scott F. McCleary of Aurora as first vice chairman; Bobbie Riley of Batavia as second vice chairman; Donna Bausman of Mount Carroll as secretary; and Robert Quimby of Rockton as treasurer.
GSNI’s board of directors-at-large for a two-year term now include Dr. Annette Acevedo of Elgin, Mark M. Ackerman of Pecatonica, Theresa Barreiro of Aurora, Rosario DeLeon of Aurora, Christin Giedd of Dixon, Gwyn Gulley of Machesney Park, Dr. Sylvia Hood-Washington of Winfield, Michael T. Peddle of DeKalb, Jean Marie Saidler of Crystal Lake and Patricia Tuner of Elgin. Members of the Board Development Committee include Susan Angell-Case of Elgin, John Kovanda of Batavia, and Archie Needham of Aurora.
Girl Scouts elected as board-appointed associate directors are Kayla Colwell of Franklin Grove, Lindsay Schwartz of Kildeer and Stefany Veldhuizen of Sycamore.
GSNI serves more than 18,000 girls and 5,500 adult volunteers in parts or all of Boone, Carroll, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Jo Daviess, Kane, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside and Winnebago counties. Visit www.girlscoutsni.org or call 1-800-242-5591.
Posted June 19, 2013