- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Local food featured at annual Ag Breakfast in Freeport June 22
FREEPORT, Ill. — The 28th annual Stephenson County Ag Breakfast will run from 6 to 10 a.m., Saturday, June 22, at the Stephenson County Fairgrounds, 2250 S. Walnut, Freeport, Ill.
The breakfast will showcase a variety of agricultural products produced in Stephenson County, including whole-hog sausage, beef bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese, coffee cake, milk and ice cream.
The annual event is planned and coordinated by a committee of volunteers of all ages and backgrounds, including retirees, farmers, town folk, agri-business, 4-H members and leaders, and many others. There is something for everyone at the breakfast, and anyone who likes a good meal will come away well-fed and entertained.
Beginning at 6:30 a.m., two area musical groups will provide entertainment in the newer commercial building throughout the morning. From 6:30 to 8:30 a.m., Joe and Diana Ortega and Family will entertain, followed by Dave Ruter Ministries from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. In addition to a great breakfast featuring the tastiest food in Stephenson County, guests will have the opportunity to shop for handmade crafts, ride the barrel train, compete in barnyard bowling and enjoy the Stephenson County 4-H Petting Zoo, which features farm animals big and small. The ag breakfast also features displays of area agri-businesses and area agriculture and conservation organizations.
A donation of $5 per person includes breakfast, ice cream and all entertainment. Children 5 and younger are admitted free. Handicap accessible parking is available.
For more about the breakfast, call Ardath DeWall at (815) 864-2561 or Diana Ethridge at (815) 232-8323. For information about the craft show, call Cindy Rackow at (815) 789-3113. Volunteers are still needed; contact Barb Curry, University of Illinois Extension, at (815) 235-4125.
Posted June 19, 2013