- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Local food featured at annual Ag Breakfast in Freeport June 22
FREEPORT, Ill. — The 28th annual Stephenson County Ag Breakfast will run from 6 to 10 a.m., Saturday, June 22, at the Stephenson County Fairgrounds, 2250 S. Walnut, Freeport, Ill.
The breakfast will showcase a variety of agricultural products produced in Stephenson County, including whole-hog sausage, beef bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese, coffee cake, milk and ice cream.
The annual event is planned and coordinated by a committee of volunteers of all ages and backgrounds, including retirees, farmers, town folk, agri-business, 4-H members and leaders, and many others. There is something for everyone at the breakfast, and anyone who likes a good meal will come away well-fed and entertained.
Beginning at 6:30 a.m., two area musical groups will provide entertainment in the newer commercial building throughout the morning. From 6:30 to 8:30 a.m., Joe and Diana Ortega and Family will entertain, followed by Dave Ruter Ministries from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. In addition to a great breakfast featuring the tastiest food in Stephenson County, guests will have the opportunity to shop for handmade crafts, ride the barrel train, compete in barnyard bowling and enjoy the Stephenson County 4-H Petting Zoo, which features farm animals big and small. The ag breakfast also features displays of area agri-businesses and area agriculture and conservation organizations.
A donation of $5 per person includes breakfast, ice cream and all entertainment. Children 5 and younger are admitted free. Handicap accessible parking is available.
For more about the breakfast, call Ardath DeWall at (815) 864-2561 or Diana Ethridge at (815) 232-8323. For information about the craft show, call Cindy Rackow at (815) 789-3113. Volunteers are still needed; contact Barb Curry, University of Illinois Extension, at (815) 235-4125.
Posted June 19, 2013